Good news for tea lovers, there are lots of health benefits for drinking tea!
Here are just 10 of them (from iVillage.com):
1. Tea contains antioxidants. The antioxidants contained in tea protects your body from the affects of old age and pollution.
2. Tea has less caffeine than coffee. Tea contains 2 to 3 times less Caffeine than Coffee. Although many people enjoy their morning boost from coffee long term drinkers and excess drinkers can experience side affects such as jitters, indigestion, headaches or sleeping problems. Anyone experiencing these affects should switch to tea.
3. Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke. Tea can help your arteries prevent or clear unwanted blood clots formed from cholesterol and blood platelets that can cause heart attack and stroke.
4. Tea protects your bones. Tea contains many beneficial phytochemicals which help build and keep bones stone.
5. Tea gives you a sweet smile. Without added sugar tea itself contains fluoride and tannins that can keep plaque at bay. So add a cup of non-sweetened tea to your dental routine and you’re on your way to even healthier teeth and gums.
6. Tea bolsters your immune defenses. Drinking tea can help your body build a strong immune system to fight off infection.
7. Tea protects against cancer. The polyphenols and the antioxidants found in tea have cancer-fighting effects. Although the overall studies are inconclusive, there has been enough research that shows the potential protective effects of drinking tea to add it to your daily diet.
8. Tea helps keep you hydrated. Caffeinated beverages including once weren’t considered good hydration choice since caffeine is a diuretic and makes us pee more. However, new research shows it does contribute to our daily fluid intake unless you drink more than 5 or 6 cups of a caffeinated beverage at one time.
9. Tea is calorie-free. Looking to cut a few calories? Tea doesn’t have any calories, unless you add sweetener or milk. By consuming even 250 calories less daily could result in losing one pound per week. This makes tea a top choice for a calorie free beverage with lots of flavors.
10. Tea increases your metabolism. Research has shown that green tea increases metabolic rate so that you can burn 70 to 80 additional calories by drinking just five cups of green tea per day (maybe not all at once). Over a years time drinking green tea instead of other calorie loaded beverages could help you lose 8 pounds if you also adjust for a healthy diet and exercise.
So there you have it 10 things to love about Tea summarized by Teatock. We hope to see you at our tea houses soon